Crochet Wrap Up

I finally finished my crochet project! The first time I posted about this was almost a year ago, but in my defense, it wasn't a project that I worked on consistently. I would go in spurts and crochet rows and a time, then put it in the closet and forget about it for weeks. About 5 months ago I finished the last row and decided to add a scalloped edge to make it a little more polished. I didn't realize that a simple scalloped edge involved three separate rows, and when each row is 32 feet long it really takes a long time.

The granny square itself couldn't be easier, but the scallop pattern took more focus (and a piece of paper for reference). Thankfully, I was motivated the other night and got to work on it while watching a movie and really got into a rhythm. It was so easy--I realized that I just hadn't been focused enough to finish it before now. By the time the movie was over my project was complete. I spent another 20 minutes or so sewing in all of the loose yarn from when I'd changed colors and skeins, and then took some time to just curl up in it and relax! I've gotta say, this is one of the longest projects I've ever worked on, and I am so glad it's over. I guess I'm more of an instant-gratification type of crafter!

I'd meant for this to be a throw, but it really turned out to be more of a blanket. The final dimensions are 8 ft by 8 ft.

 
Copyright 2010